Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stefanic Response

When I first opened the article it was all out of order and it took me a little while to figure out what the correct order should be. While reading the article I came across a part that I found quite humorous. When Stefanac gives the terms that critics call bloggers and their work (dilettantes, amateurs, and cults) I found it funny that she could back it up with her infatuation for the English language by twisting their meanings into something good and positive. Right from there you can tell that Stefanac has a great passion for blogging and wants others to know about it. I also thought that the beginning of the article jumps right into helpful points on how to blog. The excerpts are quick and to the point which is good for the reader I feel.

When I got to the tip about not getting frustrated and sticking to it I got nervous. I am a very impatient person and I get bored easily. Blogging I think is a great idea but I have my worries about me staying interested in my topic and being able to talk about it for a certain amount of time. Then when Mr. Jalopy is introduced they describe his page as being clean, crisp, and full of graphics, this overwhelms me a little but because I don't think that I have the computer knowledge do that. I am a perfectionist and pay way to much attention to detail, this in a way is good but also very unfortunate, when I write I have so many thoughts going through my head that I forget what I'm writing and have to go back. It's kind of like my brain moves faster than I can type and talk...and I can do both pretty fast.

I really like the idea of enthusiast blogs. I think it's a great way for people to share their passion for something with someone else. And it's even better if there are other people interested in the same things. The blog on mother tongue annoyances I thought was really interesting and I feel that I could join that blog because there are definitely words that people say that annoy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment