Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why Me?

I chose my blog because I have a passion for teaching and I want to make a difference, the difference needs to made within the school district. I know that it will never be perfect but somethings can be fixed. I want my blog to be a discussion of interesting reasons why people think the school system needs to be renovated. I know that there are people out there that feel the same way I do about this. They most likely have kids within the system and see that their kids are suffering from the poor job of the school. I want this blog to encounter that and go deep within the reasons why.


Why should readers of my blog trust me? Because I have first hand experience of why the school systems of NY are failing. I was there to see the way the school was run, the curriculum was taught to me directly, and I see the way voters react to budget increases. I may not be a certified expert but first hand experience goes a long way. I am not just a previous student though, I am an education major who wants to make a difference in the school system so that when I finally get to be in my own classroom things will be better for the kids I plan to teach. My mother is a special education teacher and has been for 11 years now. I see her kids often and see how she interacts with them in their learning environment. I have been in schools as a mentor and have seen behind the scenes how all of it works. And now I want to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment